Henderson College Career Support
It is our goal to give students the opportunities and guidance they need to decide on and pursue a meaningful career. Career guidance begins for students in Year 9.
At Year 9 level all students participate in:
- Information sessions on the skills, knowledge, and capacities required to build foundations for learning and work
- Engage in activities to develop understanding of work, careers and post school destinations
At Year 10 level all students participate in:
- A week long work experience placement of their choice
- Career testing and debriefing
- Information sessions on how to use the Job Guide to identify qualifications needed for specific careers
- Information session on how to use VTAC Course Search to explore tertiary courses and to identify pre-requisite subjects at VCE level
- Individual subject choice counselling in consultation with the student’s teachers and support staff from Mildura Senior College.